· Entered the New Jersey State Police Academy on September 9, 1981. The agency was founded in 1921 as a rural patrol agency to police towns without police departments.
· Served in numerous barracks throughout the state as a Road Trooper.
· Undercover drug unit as an undercover operative.
· Assigned to the detective bureau at the rural Bordentown Barracks.
· Promoted to Sergeant at a Road Barracks in Field Operations.
· Served numerous positions within the Traffic Bureau including Commercial vehicle weigh team Tactical patrol Unit, Diesel Emissions Unit, Commercial Carrier Compliance Unit, and as the Liaison to the State Division of Highway Traffic Safety, where I researched, wrote, apply for, and administered grants, and analyzed traffic data; promoted to Sergeant First Class.
· Commanded the Drug Interdiction Unit where I trained thousands of police officer throughout the country and in Canada, mostly for the DEA.
· Served as the Assistant Station Commander, in charge of all scheduling and administration of a Barracks of 40 Troopers and Detectives at three separate Barracks.
· Served two separate tours in Internal Affairs.
· Commanded the southernmost SWAT Team.
· Promoted to Lieutenant and assigned as the Station Commander in two separate Barracks, responsible for leading 50 Troopers and Detectives, providing full police services to several municipalities.
· Strategic Initiatives Officer, where I served as the Colonel’s policy advisor, and promoted to Captain. I created and implemented such initiatives as the Management Accountability Program, Strategic Planning Process ( I wrote the first two strategic plans for the 3000 sworn member NJ State Police), and Risk Management Process. I oversaw the creation and implementation of the agency’s first Intelligence-Led Policing Model.
· Regional Commander in Troop C, leading and managing 150 troopers and detectives, 300 in the absence of the Troop Commander, across a large swath of central Jersey. I commanded three Barracks, the Traffic Unit, and the Criminal Investigation Office.
· Commander of the Deployment Services Bureau in the Special Operations Section, Homeland Security Branch, where I managed all law enforcement activities at the Meadowlands Sports Complex (Giants Stadium), as well as the Critical Infrastructure Unit, which inspected all critical infrastructure in the State.
· Final tour was as the Recovery Bureau Chief in the Emergency Management Section. I retired at the rank of Captain in 2008.
· Director of Public safety, Township of Springfield, and Director of Public Safety for the Town of Dover, NJ. In both towns, I led and managed the Police, Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Management function.
· Police Chief and Public Safety Director, Town of Indian River Shores
· Former Adjunct Professor for Fairleigh Dickenson and Seton Hall Universities in their Graduate Studies Program